2018 Yamaha MT-07
Call for Price
Larson's Cycle Inc.
Just like my big brother!!
TORQUE AND AGILITY PERFECTLY PAIRED
The MT-07 is where sport, performance, and attitude fuse as one.
- Compact,Torque-Rich Engine: The MT-07 features a compact 689cc liquid-cooled, inline twin cylinder, DOHC engine that is light, slim, and thrilling to ride. This 270-degree, crossplane crankshaft concept engine provides a unique power character, combining outstanding low- to mid-range torque with strong high-rpm pulling power.
- New MT Family Styling: The MT-07 features a refined new style to match the rest of the MT family, including an angular new headlight, more aggressive intake scoops, a sleeker fuel tank cover, and a new layered tail design featuring a more compact LED taillight.
- Compact Frame Design: A lightweight, high-strength steel frame provides an optimized rigidity balance for nimble, agile handling. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis, with a light, compact main frame design and a total wet weight of only 403 lb.
- Sporty, Responsive Chassis: Updated suspension tuning and overall chassis dimensions are all set to work with the qualities of the compact twin-cylinder engine to achieve a sporty, light and neutral handling character.
- Advanced Instruments: The compact full-LCD instrument panel includes a digital bar-type tachometer display with gear position indicator, digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter, clock, instant and average fuel consumption and a range of warning and indicator lights.
- Advanced Twin Cylinder Engine: The MT-07 features a compact 689cc liquid-cooled, inline twin cylinder, DOHC engine with fuel injection. This engine provides a unique power character, with outstanding low- to mid-range torque and very linear throttle response, combined with strong high-rpm pulling power. This motor develops 50 foot pounds of torque and is designed to maximize riding excitement in the real world.
- Crossplane Concept: The 2-cylinder engine features Yamaha’s “Crossplane Concept” 270-degree crank that provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input. The CP2® engine is also light, slim and compact and offers an excellent level of rider/machine communication.
- Offset Cylinder Block: The CP2 engine shifts its cylinder bores slightly forward of the crankshaft axis, towards the exhaust side. This offset reduces piston to cylinder wall friction, for more power and improved fuel economy.
- Compact Stacked Transmission: The six-speed transmission “stacks” the input/output shafts in a triangular layout to keep the overall engine size shorter front-to-back, which optimizes engine placement in the frame for outstanding weight balance. The transmission ratios are designed to bring out the best of the low- to mid-speed torque and excellent response characteristics while reducing the need for frequent shifts.
- Refined Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection settings deliver a smooth throttle response to enhance riding enjoyment from open roads to the urban sprawl. The system delivers outstanding torque in the low- and mid-rpm range along with exciting acceleration in the upper rpm range.
- Midship Exhaust System: By placing the muffler low in the frame and as close to the center of the machine as possible, vehicle mass is centralized for improved all-around handling.
- Refined Front Fork: The front suspension features a 41mm fork with 5.1 inches of travel, with new spring rates and damping settings for a more refined suspension feel and improved performance across a wide range of riding styles.
- Upgraded Monocross® Shock: The MT-07 features an all-new, link-type Monocross shock, now adjustable for both rebound damping and spring preload, for improved tuneability, with settings developed to match the upgraded front fork. The shock provides 5.1 inches of rear travel, and is positioned below the seat with an almost horizontal alignment, which helps make the chassis much more compact.
- Compact Frame Design: A lightweight, high-strength steel frame provides an optimized rigidity balance for nimble, agile handling. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame design and a total wet weight of only 403 lb.
- Balanced Ergonomics: The riding position on the MT-07 is one of its most important features, offering a balance between sporty handling and excellent rider comfort, thanks to its upright riding position and long, comfortable seat.
- Sporty Chassis Dimensions: The wheelbase, seat height, fuel tank width, rake and other dimensions are all set to work with the qualities of the compact twin-cylinder engine to achieve a sporty, light and neutral handling character.
- Powerful, Controllable Braking: Front brakes consist of dual wave-style 282mm discs with potent 4-piston calipers. Rear braking is handled by a 245mm wave-style rear disc. ABS comes standard to boost rider confidence and prevent wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for great handling and suspension performance. The 17-inch front wheel is fitted with a 120/70ZR17 radial tire and the rear wheel sports a wide 180/55ZR17 radial tire.
- Sleek New Bodywork: The MT-07 features a refined new style to match the rest of the MT family, including an angular new headlight, more aggressive intake scoops, a sleeker fuel tank cover, and a new layered tail design featuring a more compact LED tail light.
- Ergonomically Designed Fuel Tank: The slim 3.7 gallon fuel tank is both stylish and compact to provide excellent comfort and knee grip area, while still permitting easier planting of both feet on the ground, for added rider confidence at stops.
- Advanced Instrumentation: The compact full-LCD instrument panel includes a digital bar-type tachometer display with gear position indicator, digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter, clock, instant and average fuel consumption and a range of warning and indicator lights.
- Engine Type: 689cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 80.0mm x 68.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 282mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 245mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 82.1 in. x 29.3 in. x 42.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.8 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 58 mpg
- Wet Weight: 403 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
New for 2018
- Updated Adjustable Suspension: For 2018, the MT-07 features heavily revised front and rear suspension settings for a more refined suspension feel. The rear shock also now features adjustable rebound damping in addition to spring preload to fine-tune for rider preferences and road conditions.
- Sleek MT Family Styling: The 2018 MT-07 presents a sleeker, more aggressive style to match the rest of the Hypernaked family, with a more refined sense of quality from every angle.
- New Seat Design: The new seat is longer, with 30 percent more area for additional rider comfort, and blends in with the revised bodywork for a cleaner style.
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 8 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 80.0mm x 68.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 282mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 245mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in.
- 24.8 deg.
- 3.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 58 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 403 lb.
- Team Yamaha Blue, Matte Gray, Intensity White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)