2018 Yamaha WR250F
Call for Price
Larson's Cycle Inc.
no dealer fees ever
THE ULTIMATE OFF‑ROADER.
The DNA of the 2‑straight MX & SX Champ YZ250F in a light, great handling machine perfect for tight trails and woods.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable; 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: Dunlop® MX3S 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: Dunlop® MX3S 110/100-18
- L x W x H: 85.2 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.33 deg.
- Trail: 4.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Wet Weight***: 258 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Competition Ready: Revolutionary rearward slanted, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke power plant with 4 titanium valves based on the YZ250F™, with an added sixth gear and wide ratio transmission, among other modifications, make it perfect for Enduro competition.
- Nimble Chassis: The same bilateral beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ250F is used on the WR250F™. It places the engine and fuel tank close to the center mass of the bike for extremely light and nimble handling character.
- Fuel Injection: A Keihin® 44mm throttle body fuel injection system is tuned for Enduro riding ensures smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions. Plus the electric start button reduces rider fatigue.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry leading fully-adjustable KYB® spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping and a KYB® rear shock, each tuned with Enduro-specific settings.
- Enduro-Specific Features: With a 2 gallon fuel tank, multi-function Enduro computer, 18-inch rear wheel, O-ring chain, skid plate and Enduro spec tires, the WR250F is ready to win right out of the box.
New for 2018 Features
- New Engine: With a new cylinder head, piston, camshafts, transmission internals, ECU settings and a range of other internal updates, the 2018 WR250F features improved power delivery and enhanced durability derived straight from Yamaha's racing team development.
- New Frame: The 2018 WR250F features the same advanced frame as the YZ250F motocrosser, including new engine mounts, to revise the rigidity balance and improve rider feedback.
- Racing-Derived Updates: For 2018, the WR250F receives a range of updates developed from the YZ250F and FX racing models, including new tires and revised suspension tuning, featuring a new fork seal wiper for durable sealing in the toughest conditions.
- Unique Engine Tuning: The revolutionary, rearward slanted, high-performance liquid-cooled 4- stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine has been tuned for enduro riding.
- Fuel Injection: The fuel injection system uses 3-D mapped electronic control for the injection of fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for the challenges of enduro riding.
- 6-speed Gearbox: A 6-speed wide-ratio transmission is used to improve traction in all types of conditions.
- Electric Start: Push button electric start makes starting the WR250F easy and convenient.
- Race-Ready Cooling: YZ-based radiators feature an electric fan, ensuring stable cooling performance in tight and slow riding conditions.
- Robust Aluminum Frame: An all-aluminum bilateral beam frame similar to the YZ250F provides strength, lightness and durability for all riding conditions.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry favorite fully adjustable KYB® spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping with Kashima Coat™ and a KYB® rear shock, also with Kashima Coat™ and featuring a large 50mm piston. Both the forks and rear shock are tuned specifically for Enduro riding.
- Purpose-Built Tires: Special Enduro spec tires are used to maximize traction while delivering excellent wear.
- Full-Featured Instrumentation: An onboard Enduro computer is standard and features speedo, odometer, average speed, clock and more.
- Practical Touches: The WR250F features a headlight, taillight and skid plate. A side stand is standard for added rider convenience
- Clean Running: 50-state emissions compliant for off-road use.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 249cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable; 12.2-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® MX3S 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.5-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® MX3S 110/100-18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 258 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- 4.5 in.
- 26.33 deg.
- Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)