2019 Yamaha YZ250FX
Call for Price
Larson's Cycle Inc.
Amazing, great, sought after, highly praised.
No dealer fees, ever!!
No dealer fees, ever!!
X-Factor For X-Country
With electric start, an 18‑inch wheel, a wide ratio 6‑speed gear box, the YZ250FX is a powerfully‑built, lightweight machine engineered for cross‑country victory.
- Engine Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires / Rear: 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- L x W x H: 85.2 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.3 deg.
- Trail: 4.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 249 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Innovative Hare Scramble/GNCC® Engine Design: Based on the championship-winning YZ250F™, featuring Yamaha's revolutionary rearward slanted, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke power plant with forward-positioned straight downdraft symmetrical intake, and with an added sixth gear and wide ratio transmission, the YZ250FX™ is an “out-of-the-box" Hare Scrambles/GNCC® competition machine.
- High-Spec Engine: The engine is based on the YZ250F, and includes all the same race-winning features: an updated cylinder head, lightweight forged, two-ring, flat-top piston; a shorter, more durable piston pin with diamond like carbon (DLC) coating; a revised piston oil jet, and advanced connecting rod, crankshaft, and counterbalancer designs. Together, the result is improved peak power, power delivery and overall durability.
- Tuned Chassis: Nearly the same bilateral beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ250F is used on the YZ250FX. The forged section at the swingarm pivot and engine mounting brackets help develop nimble lightweight feeling in the tight technical terrain while still providing stability in fast sections.
- 6-Speed Transmission: A wide-ratio 6-speed transmission is used to insure the right gear is available for the wide variety of terrain found in cross-country racing.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping features revised valving for improved suspension feel and balance. The linkage type rear suspension features a KYB rear shock with settings optimized for cross country racing.
- Cross Country Features: With the electric starting system, a 2-gallon fuel tank, rugged plastic skid plate, 18-inch rear wheel and XC racing tires, the YZ250FX is ready to win right out of the box.
- Unique Engine Tuning: The revolutionary, rearward slanted, high-performance liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine has been tuned to challenge for race victories in the highly competitive GNCC® and Hare Scrambles race series.
- Mass-Centralized Powerplant: The position of the engine moves the rotational mass of the cams towards the center of the bike which allows for a straight shot, down draft intake and straight exhaust port for maximized engine performance. Additional, this layout keeps the air box up high, out of dust and mud/water.
- Fuel Injection: The fuel injection system uses 3D mapped electronic control for the fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for cross-country racing.
- 6-Speed Gearbox: A wide-ratio 6-speed transmission is used to insure the right gear is available for the wide variety of terrain found in cross-country racing.
- Electric Start: Push button electric start makes starting the YZ250FX easy and convenient.
- Light and Strong Aluminum Frame: An all-aluminum bilateral beam frame similar to the YZ250F provides strength, lightness and durability for race conditions, and comes stadard with a rugged plastic skid plate.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry favorite KYB® fully adjustable spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping and Kashima Coat™ and a KYB® rear shock, also with Kashima Coat™ and featuring a large 50mm piston. Both the fork and rear shock are tuned specifically for cross country racing, with fork seals designed for improved durability in harsh conditions.
- Purpose-Built Tires: Special cross-country racing Dunlop® AT81 tires are used to maximize traction while delivering excellent wear.
- 270mm Front Brake: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with high-performance pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- GYTR® Power Tuner Ready: Accessory GYTR Power Tuner lets owners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and race conditions in a matter of seconds with the push of a few buttons.
- Practical Touches: Quick-adjust clutch, wide 55mm platform footpegs, four-position rubber- mounted handlebar clamps, aluminum handlebars, and a side stand are standard for added rider convenience. The YZ250FX is also pre-wired for an optional radiator fan for the most grueling conditions.
- Easy Servicing: The air cleaner cover helps prevent contact with the quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter. Thanks to a WR®-style fuel level sensor in the tank, the YZ250FX includes a convenient fuel level along with an engine warning indicator on the handlebar.
- Sealed O-ring Chain: High-quality O-ring chain is tough and durable.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 249 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- 4.5 in.
- 26.3 deg.
- Wide-ratio constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)