2019 Yamaha YZ85
Call for Price
Larson's Cycle Inc.
I now have Link Rear and Power Valve Motor like my Bros.....
Victory... Never Given, Always Earned
Step up to the perfect bike and continue the journey of earning victory after victory. The YZ85 has all the lightweight, 2‑stroke reliability and agility you've come to expect from Yamaha.
- Engine Type: 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.2~9.6:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK 28
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 190mm
- Tires / Front: 70/100-17 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Tires / Rear: 90/100-14 Dunlop® MX3S®
- L x W x H: 71.7 in. x 29.9 in. x 45.1 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.33 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Wet Weight: 161 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- New 85cc YPVS Two-Stroke Power: The 85cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine now features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm.
- Fully-Adjustable Fork: Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability with low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Upgraded Wheels and Brakes: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance, big 220mm and 190mm disc brakes for precise control, and new Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies for exceptional traction.
- New Adjustable Rider Ergonomics: New four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebars allows the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences.
New for 2019 Features
- All-New for 2019!: Redesigned from the ground up, the new YZ85 has been built to dominate the 85cc class with a new YPVS® power valve-equipped engine complete with revised intake, exhaust and transmission.
- Upgraded Chassis: Featuring new front forks, a new swingarm, new wave-style brake rotors, adjustable ergonomics and more, the 2019 YZ85 is ready to win races straight off the dealership floor.
- All-New YPVS Two-Stroke: The 85cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine now features the Yamaha Power Valve System for broad, tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm—improving driveability and reducing the need for frequent shifting. A new head and longer connecting rod design work together to boost compression ratio for enhanced power output, too.
- New Crankcase and Intake: A new crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for improved gas flow, which inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor for seamless throttle response.
- New Expansion Chamber: Matched to the improved output of the YPVS engine, the new expansion chamber optimizes exhaust gas flow for enhanced power delivery, especially in the low- and mid-range.
- Upgraded Transmission: Revised for 2019, the transmission increases the width of selected gears to provide enhanced gear engagement and smoother shifts.
- High Capacity Radiator: Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- High-Flow Airbox: Airbox design ensures excellent air cleaning performance and easy maintenance.
- Fully-Adjustable Fork: Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability with low-friction outer tubes and internals. For 2019, one-piece outer tubes and new settings offer enhanced performance across a range of conditions and rider abilities. New lower fork guards provide protection and modern styling.
- Fully Adjustable Shock: Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression valving. The progressive linkage-type design improves bottoming resistance, while updated settings improved bump absorption and bottoming resistance allowing racers to charge harder and improve lap times.
- New Swingarm Design: Redesigned swingarm features a new composite chain guide as well as updated chain adjusters for easier maintenance.
- Lightweight Subframe: Compact rear subframe is removable for simplified servicing.
- Upgraded Brakes: For 2019, a new front brake line improves braking feel, while wave-style brake discs offer improved self-cleaning and cooler-running performance. The 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- High Performance Tires: New for 2019 are Dunlop® MX3S® knobbies that provide exceptional traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- New Adjustable Rider Ergonomics: New four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebars allows the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences. The flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide generous freedom of movement.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK 28
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 220mm
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 190mm
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 Dunlop® MX3S®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 161 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- 49.4 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 3.5 in.
- 26.33 deg.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)